Saturday, February 21, 2026

31-year-old Da'Quan Johnson Shot In The Back Of The Head By Grand Rapids Cop, K-9 Police Dog Also Attacked Victim Mauling At His Neck


Johnson was facing to the ground when a Grand Rapids police officer had a grip on both his hands, then the officer takes out his handgun, pointed it behind Johnson's head and discharged it and fatally striking the victim.


By H. Nelson Goodson 
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

February 21, 2026

Grand Rapids, Michigan - On Wednesday, January 18, 2026, around 9:30 p.m. Grand Rapids police fatally shot Da'Quan Johnson, 31, in the back of the head, according to a cellphone video showing the fatal shots. Johnson riding a bicycle was being pursuit by police units, he rode into a multiple unit apartment parking lot near Eastern Avenue and Logan Street in Grand Rapids.

While getting off his bike, Johnson slipped in the ice and soon after a K-9 police dog jumped on him and began to maul him in his neck. Then a two police officers are seen restraining him, one officer had  both of Johnson's hands behind him, the officer is seen holding Johnson's hands with his right hand, then the officer with his left hand upholstered his handgun and pointed it at Johnson's back of the head and fired his weapon striking Johnson. Then multiple shots are fired at Johnson's torso. The officers move back after shooting him, then the K-9, which was not restrained attacked Johnson again mauling at his neck.

Johnson was taken to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced deceased three hours later on early Thursday.

Johnson's family are calling for justice after viewing a cellphone video showing Johnson facing down on the ground and the officer shooting him in the back of the head and then the K-9 dog attacks Johnson and mauled his neck. The video shown at a family press conference, at the Boston Square Neighborhood Association contradicts the Grand Rapids police version of the fatal shooting.

The Grand Rapids police narrative is that Johnson had a handgun, he was ordered to drop the handgun, but when the K-9 dog first attacked Johnson, police told him not to move or he would be shot. How can Johnson not move when being mauled by a K-9 dog?

Witnesses say, that Johnson never pulled a handgun or aimed it at police. Johnson was shot three times by several police officers. He was recently parole after serving time in prison for a weapons violation. A handgun was recovered at the scene, according to Grand Rapids Police Chief Eric Winstom.


Friday, February 20, 2026

Federal District Court Final Ruling Ensures Elimination Of DEI Directive By Trump Is Dead And Can No Longer Be Revived

The latest final federal district court ruling has permanently killed Trump's elimination of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion directive following the U.S. Department of Education's announcement in mid-January that it dropped its legal appeal challenge and no longer sought to enforce the restriction of DEI at schools and higher education institutions.

By H. Nelson Goodson 
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

February 20, 2026

Concord, N. H. - On Wednesday, the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) reported that a final U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire ruling has ensured that Trump's directive to eliminate or restrict Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) programs in schools and higher education institutions can longer be enforced by the U.S. Department of Education and can not be revived, according to the federal court's final ruling. (Article link: https://www.aclu.org/press-releases/department-of-education-backs-down-on-unlawful-directive-targeting-educational-equity)

The ACLU says that, in an earlier ruling in the case, District Court Judge Landya McCafferty previously found that the directive's "isolated characterizations of unlawful DEI" conflicted with the term's meaning, stating that DEI is generally understood as fostering "a group culture of equitable and inclusive treatment." The court further held that plaintiffs were likely to succeed in showing that the directive was vague, viewpoint discriminatory, and unlawfully imposed new legal obligations for educators and schools.

"This ruling ensures that educators can engage in scholarship and teach history, literature, and other subjects where race, gender, and the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion appear, without fear of arbitrary or discriminatory enforcement, said Sarah Hinger, deputy director of the ACLU Racial Justice Program. "It affirms that educators must be free to teach and that students have a right to a full and honest education that reflects the diversity of their communities and prepares them to participate in our democracy."


The adverse affect of Trump's directive in Wisconsin allowed Dr. Anthony Cruz, the President of the Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC) to eliminate the Office of Multicultural Student Services and and unjustly terminate 4 student services specialists to comply with Trump's directive without legally challenging the unlawful directive, which advertently affected the students of color from the Latino/Hispanic, African-American, Asian-American and Native-American communities.

Dr. Cruz and the Milwaukee Area Technical College Board of Trustees have failed to restore the Multicultural Student Services and rehire the 4 student specialists after they learned that Cruz erred in deciding to eliminate the Multicultural Student Services in order to comply with Trump's illegal directive.

Today, members from the communities of color in Milwaukee, Wisconsin are demanding for Dr. Cruz and the entire MATC Board of Trustees to resign for their disservice and negligence to eliminate the Multicultural Student Services at the technical college that served students from the communities of color for 50 years. (Facebook post link: https://www.facebook.com/share/p/1XvDmmJ88U/)

MATC has not halted its continued elimination of other DEI related services and programs at the technical college.

Ediror's note: The communities of color should ensure that every school and higher education institution continues to apply DEI initiatives to ensure every student and instructor is protected under Diversity, Equity and Inclusion directives as previously provided.

Thursday, February 19, 2026

Felony Count Dismissed By Walworth County Deputy D.A. James T. Sempf Against Julie Valadez, In Custody Interference Criminal Case

The Walworth County District Attorney's Office moved to dismiss one felony count against Valadez for interfering with custody after custody order.

By H. Nelson Goodson 
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

February 19, 2026

Elkhorn, Wisconsin - On Tuesday, Walworth County Deputy District Attorney James T. Sempf moved to dismiss one felony count for interfering with custody after custody order including party to a crime against Julie C. Valadez, 41, which the court so ordered. So far, Valadez court proceedings continue with one felony count for interfering with custody of other parent including party to a crime. She was recently charged with one felony count for bail jumping in regards to making contact with a family member, which violated the conditions of her cash bail, but her $500,000 cash bail was not forfeited, according to Walworth County court records.

The Walworth County criminal case against Valadez seems to be falling apart for the Walworth County District Attorney's Office and Delavan Police Department Detective Trevor G.  Hinman who filed criminal charges against Valadez. On Tuesday's court hearing, Det. Hinman confirmed that most of the alleged criminal case discovery reports of evidence in the investigation regarding phone call recordings and other documents are no longer filed on record and can't produce them for the defense.

Valadez's attorney Amanda K. Reik has called for her case to be dismissed, and her case has been pulled from the trial docket. A motion hearing was set for Valadez on March 19, 2026, according to the Walworth County court records.

The lack of discovery evidence and phone call recordings including certain police reports, statements from individuals for the state have disappeared and no longer accessible for trial. It sounds like a cover-up of the alleged illegal investigation that was conducted by Det. Hinman, which if any of the discovery of evidence and recorded phone calls do reappear, it could shed light that indeed Det. Hinman engaged in alleged illegal activity during the Valadez investigation. 

In one particular case, Det. Hinman filed an alleged fraudulent police report that included criminal charges against Valadez and Kathryn Alamea-Xian for kidnap minor for sexual assault dated January 10, 2023. Hinman's police report was later removed, but kept on file and later shared with Canadian immigration authorities in an attempt to hold Valadez and Alamea-Xian in custody in Canada who sought asylum.  (Article: http://hispanicnewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2023/06/julie-valadez-ordered-released-from.html)

In the Valadez criminal case, Alamea-Xian and Kimberlee Coronado were also criminally charged in separate cases for interfering with custody of other parent and party to crime, after Valadez's son Ethan Valadez, then 15 (today 18) ran away from his abusive father Ricardo Valadez in early January 2023 and crossed into Canada. (Article link: http://hispanicnewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2025/05/500k-cash-bond-set-for-40-year-old.html)

Attorney Reik who represents Valadez on Tuesday also raised the question of the missing discovery from Ricardo Valadez and prior convictions. Attorney Reik also discussed the placement and custody orders from the Waukesha County family court divorce case of Julie Valadez v. Ricardo Valadez, which the Wisconsin Court of Appeals ruled that Waukesha County family Court Judge Michael Aprahamian erred in placing the four Valadez children with the abusive father, instead with their mother, and ordered Aprahamian to correct it, which Judge Ralph Ramirez, who took over the case failed to correct Judge Aprahamian's error as well, and then Judge Jennifer Dorow, who took over the divorce case from Ramirez has also failed to correct Judge Aprahamian's error in the placement and custody of the four Valadez children,  which two of the children today have become adults. 


Tuesday, February 17, 2026

Tiffany For Wisconsin Governor Campaign 2026 Outed For Allegedly Defaulting On More Than $2K Involving Photo Ops And Video Ad Promotion Work From Milwaukee Local Contractor

A local contractor has outed the Republican Tiffany For Wisconsin campaign after they failed to pay more than $2,000 for the total cost of rendered photo ops, social media video, and local community business promotions with U.S. Congressman Thomas P. Tiffany (R-WI), who is a candidate for Wisconsin Governor.

By H. Nelson Goodson 
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

February 17, 2026

Milwaukee, Wisconsin - On Tuesday, Veronica Diaz, who provided the Tiffany For Wisconsin political campaign on January 28, 2026 with more than $2,000 worth of campaign promotions that included photo ops, and a social media video, and personal meets with Milwaukee Latino business owners and other services in the metropolitan area in Milwaukee County told Hispanic News Network U.S.A. (HNNUSA) that Landis Holdorf, the campaign manager for Tiffany For Wisconsin has to date failed and neglected to pay in full, all the promotional services provided to the Tiffany campaign by Diaz. (Diaz's Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/share/p/1LKTNyVEed/)

Currently, Diaz has attempted to collect on her Tiffany for Wisconsin contract billing, with no success.

U.S. Congressman Thomas "Tom" P. Tiffany (R-WI) who is a Republican candidate for Governor in Wisconsin was recently endorsed by Donald J. Trump. It seems, that the Tiffany For Wisconsin can't even pay a mere $2,000 contractor promotional advertising bill today, eventhough the Tiffany campaign has generated thousands of campaign donations. (Tiffany's Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/share/p/1Au2qhHsgZ/)

Diaz says, "that it's disheartening that someone who missed time away from work to support a campaign that I believed in, shouldn't treat someone this way."

Diaz told HNNUSA, that she is looking forward to get her promotional services paid in full, which were rendered to the Tiffany For Wisconsin.


Sunday, February 15, 2026

USDOJ Released 6-page Letter To Congress Containing Names From Epstein Files, Not All Implicated In Alleged Pedo Crimes With Children

The U.S. Department of Justice submitted a letter dated February 14, 2026 to Congress explaining its reasons for redacting portions of the Epstein files.

The six-page letter contains a list of all "government officials and politically exposed persons" in the Epstein files records, according to the USDOJ.

The list contained all the individuals named in the Epstein files, regardless of potential affiliation with Epstein or crimes committed. Not all were involved, according to the USDOJ.

Posted on February 15, 2026

Source: Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

Saturday, February 14, 2026

31-year-old Quinton D. Ward Sentenced To 7.5 Years In Prison For The Hit-and-run Of Tina Feiertag, 61, In September 2022 At S. 16 And W. Lincoln Ave. In The Southside Of Milwaukee

Ward has had 35 citations for driving without a valid license and speeding.

By H. Nelson Goodson 
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

February 14, 2026

Milwaukee, Wisconsin - On Wednesday, Quinton Dalon Ward, 31, was sentenced to 7 years and 5 months in prison (must serve 2.5 years in prison and 5 years supervision) for the September 2022 hit-and-run of Tina Feiertag, 61, at the 1600 block of W. Lincoln Ave., which left her with permanent injuries. Ward was also ordered to pay $36,000 in restitution, according to Milwaukee County court records.

A according to the criminal complaint, Feiertag on September 21, 2022 was crossing the street at S. 16 St. and W. Lincoln Ave., when Ward struck her and he kept on going leaving her in the street with serious injuries. On December 3, 2022, Ward was charged with one felony count for hit-and-run involving great bodily harm.

Feiertag spent 11-days in at Froedtert Hospital, which cost a total of $57,127 (or $5,193 per day) just for the room, not counting other medical treatment and provided care including medication.

Ward has been cited 35 times for driving while revoked and without a valid license including speeding, according to Milwaukee County court records.


Thursday, February 12, 2026

Milwaukee Common Council Proposed ICE Out Initiatives To Protect City Residents, Ahead Of USICE-ERO-CBP Anticipated Invasion

The Milwaukee Common Council announced that it will proposed multiple initiatives to protect city residents, especially  the undocumented  immigrant  community ahead of a USICE-ERO-CBP anticipated invasion, which has left chaos, havoc and economic disaster in other cities and states.

By H. Nelson Goodson 
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

February 12, 2026

Milwaukee, Wisconsin - On Wednesday, the Milwaukee Common Council announced that it will propose multiple ICE Out initiatives to confront the upcoming and anticipated invasion of USICE-ERO-CBP in Milwaukee and protect city residents including the undocumented immigrant population in the City of Milwaukee. The proposed initiatives are to unmask USICE-CBP agents including all law enforcement, have USICE-CBP agents wear identification during immigration operations, prohibit all law enforcement from using city-owned property to initiate immigration enforcement operations, and etc..

The proposed legislative measures will be discussed in upcoming weeks and then approved.

Other cities in the country have passed initiatives that allow local police to enforce local laws, if they witness USICE-ERO-CBP agents violating city ordinances and state laws when engaging with local residents.

In the City of Milwaukee, the Milwaukee Police Association is infiltrated by MAGAs (Make Amerikkka Great Again) Trump supporters who endorsed the president in 2020 and in 2024, which draws questions whether Milwaukee police officers will actually protect city residents who pay their salaries or will they protect USICE-ERO-CBP while they engage in illegal and unconstitutional activities in Milwaukee?

An ICE Out Awareness Southside community meeting with Alders Burgelis, Zamarripa and Milwaukee County Supervisor Capriolo is scheduled for Wednesday, February 25, 2026 at Alverno College's Christopher Hall Wehr Auditorium at 4100 W. Morgan Ave., starts at 4:30 p.m. in Milwaukee.